VMware Networking Community
Petersaints
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

NSX-T 3.1 renew self signed certificates

Hello all,

Need to renew the NSX-T certificates. I will use self signed ones. I have a cluster with 3 managers.

I notice that the actual certificates of mp-cluster and the tomcat certificate for node 1, are issued to the hostname of manager one, and not to the fqdn. For node2 and node 3 the certificates are issued for the fqdns.

My question is:

When i generate new certificates, in this case for node1 and mp-cluster, should i use the fqdn, or only the hostname?

Thanks.

Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
engyak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you can, issue a certificate to the FQDN of the vIP and add the individual host names as Subject Alternative Names (SANs) along with the vIP ID. You should have 4 total SANs, unless you have the ability to also add the IP address (then it should be 😎

This will allow your NSX managers to authenticate either when addressed individually or as a cluster member.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
engyak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you can, issue a certificate to the FQDN of the vIP and add the individual host names as Subject Alternative Names (SANs) along with the vIP ID. You should have 4 total SANs, unless you have the ability to also add the IP address (then it should be 😎

This will allow your NSX managers to authenticate either when addressed individually or as a cluster member.

salarmehdizadeh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

1. Can we extend the duration of an expired certificate?
2. You advised entering SAN (VIP and three manager nodes with FQDN) for a certificate, but in the CSR generating process we only can enter the Common name, there is no section for entering SAN?

0 Kudos