VMware Networking Community
colewolsch
Contributor
Contributor

NSX-T 3.1.1 - Error when accessing T1 Gateway Firewalls

I have been battling an issue for over a week now where I'm unable to access my T1 gateway firewall rulesets via the NSX manager GUI.  We are in a federated environment and are seeing the issues when trying to access them via the global or local managers. 

The T0 firewall loads fine, but when switching to our T1 firewall, the UI spins and we get a notification saying "General error has occured.".  We have two T1 firewalls and this is happening on both of them.  If I'm on my local manager where I can switch to Manager mode (as opposed to Policy), the rulesets are viewable and are loading in the UI.

I do have a support case open, but haven't been able to find the culprit so far.  I was asked to run the following API call manually and see the results:

https://[NSX  Global Manager VIP]/policy/api/v1/search?query=resource_type:GatewayPolicy AND _meta.rule_count:0

From my global manager, I get the following error returned:

"module_name""common-service",
    "error_message""Cannot connect to server",
    "error_code"98

When running that API call against my local manager, I am getting successful results. 

I'm new to the NSX-T environment and am still learning how to best troubleshoot.  Does anyone have any ideas to help point me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gan2505
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

Were you able to solve this issue? I have a similar issue where i cannot access Plan and Troubleshoot.

I get an error Error: Cannot connect to server (Error code: 98) when i go to the NSX application platform tab. 

Also i try to get the transport-node for a specific logical switch and get the below error:

get logical-switch 09f940a4-be80-4ae0-a394-ba52ac8ffc0d transport-node-table
% Fail to communicate with nsx-ccp service.

0 Kudos
prashantpandey1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As you mentioned issue is happening while accessing with GM but with LM it works fine.

what I can think of is to ensure

1. Your location managers are in healthy state/green.. when you see from GM UI.

2. your RTEPs / cross-site connectivity are Up.

0 Kudos