Petersaints
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

NSX-T 3.0 NAT64

Hi all,

Need help to understand the bellow note about NAT64

pastedImage_0.png

What does it mean? My interpretation is that NAT64 is only supported if the IPV6 address where on the physical world?

I want to test NAT64 between two VRF's lite on NSX-T 3.0. Based on the VMWare document, that will not be possible, right?

Thanks!

Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hey Petersaints​,

Exactly is not supported as NAT64 only works when the traffic comes from an external IPv6 over the Edge Uplink and translates into an IPv4 that inside an Overlay Segment.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hey Petersaints​,

Exactly is not supported as NAT64 only works when the traffic comes from an external IPv6 over the Edge Uplink and translates into an IPv4 that inside an Overlay Segment.

0 Kudos
acancro
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

If you aren't able to do what you want with NSX-T itself, you might consider adding a virtual machine running Jool (Home (jool.mx)).   It is a really good NAT64 implementation for Linux.   It's even namespace aware so you can run a lot of different NAT64s to overlapping IPv4 target networks on the same machine.  Really, really good stuff.  I'm using it in a service provider environment to reach multiple customers with overlapping private IPv4 address space.  

Art Cancro, VCP-NV 2020
0 Kudos