VMware Networking Community
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

NSX-T 3.0 - L2VPN Doubts

Hello folks,

I never completely understand how to configure the L2VPN service in NSX-T. I tried to do it in NSX-T 2.4 and today i tried again in NSX-T 3.0 but i got stuck at the same point. This is what i got so far:

• Two segments (VNI) created in both sites linked to the local T1 which holds the L2VPN Service and with the next characteristics:
    • Same Tunnel ID on both sites
    • Same network segment.
    • Same Local Egress Gateway.
  • One T1 per site linked to its local T0 and advertising only the Local IPSec endpoint.
  • L2VPN Server on Site A and L2VPN Client on Site B fully configured and with the Tunnel up.
  • Two VMs, one placed in each region with an IP of the same range.

From there I do not know how to continue as i already did all the steps, however i have the next doubt:

• What is the Tunnel interface used for?
  • Any extra step that needs to be done?
  • Any specific configuration regarding the Tiers that needs to be done?
  • Any specific configuration regarding the Edges which hold the Tiers needs to be done?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

So basically the issue was on the tunnels not getting up because of some issues related with the Nested Lab. After i fixed that everything started to work as expected to the configuration was perfectly done.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

So basically the issue was on the tunnels not getting up because of some issues related with the Nested Lab. After i fixed that everything started to work as expected to the configuration was perfectly done.

0 Kudos
kristal12
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

If you have been keeping up with VMware NSX over the past few years, you realize ... Oke I'm trying to understand what kind of L2 VPN's and L3 VPN's there are, and ... NOTE: The CCIE Service Provider v3 has sunset. dicks-sporting-goods-survey

0 Kudos