VMware Networking Community
HybridNetArchit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

NSX-T 3.0.2 Onwards - SRM based NSX Manager Recovery in multi-site?

Hi,

In the NSX Multi-site Guide it mentions at the bottom of being able to use SRM from ver 3.0.2 for NSX Manager recovery.

I am looking at NSX Manager recovery options in the absence of a stretched management cluster between Data Centre sites (I am also not using NSX Federation*). Previously the multi-site guide only talked of a restore from backup approach, which will not be acceptable. SRM is a slightly better position as already use SRM for other things.

My question is, has anyone actually used/ tested this, or found any documentation that describes this better. I cannot find any further information other than supported from 3.0.2. 

Thanks in advance for any information.

*NSX Federation is not supporting some key features I need (VRF, L2 Bridging, L7 FW Features and LB) so cannot use for moment.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
HybridNetArchit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

An update from myself on this...

The multi-site doc which mentions SRM from 3.0.2 is via following link: (see bottom of page)

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX-T-Data-Center/3.0/administration/GUID-5D7E3D43-6497-4273-99C1-...

The recent NSX 3.1 ,multi-site Design Guide (VMware NSX-T Multi-locations Reference Design Guide) dated 30 October has a mistake. It states on the bottom of page 38 that NSX-T Manager VMs does not currently support SRM. I have this confirmed by VMware direct that this is a typo and will be corrected.

I will work on this assumption and arrange a test to use SRM for NSX Manager Recovery. I will report back my findings, but this maybe a week or so due to other things taking precedence

0 Kudos
SpencerLaV
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings.

Have you success in your efforts with srm based nsx-t manager recovery? My organization is looking to this to.

Thx.

0 Kudos