VMware Networking Community
tgrayatshi
Contributor
Contributor

NSX-T 2.5 Manager Backup and Restore with SRM

I'm working on an NSX-T implementation for a Multi-Site customer and we want to be able to restore the NSX-Managers in the remote site.   We don't have a stretched Management cluster available, but we can L2 stretch a VLAN to the DR site for the NSX Managers to run on.   I only see backing up and restoring the config of an NSX Manager to a new appliance.    Is using SRM to bring these VM Appliances back supported?   It seems to me that the standard for VMware appliances is not restoring the VM from backup, we need to deploy a fresh VM and then restore the config, like we would with vCenter.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RaymundoEC
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

not clear on what you are asking, can you please provide more details?

thanks

+vRay
0 Kudos
pkrief
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, did you get any answers on this issue ?

0 Kudos
SpencerLaV
Contributor
Contributor

I belive question is if using srm for dr, can nsx-t managers be replicated to dr site and recovered that way instead of way described in multisite lite guide which has u restore from nsx-t backup. Is that it?

If using srm for dr, is there advantage to recover replicated nsx-t managers at dr site via srm instead of multisite lite backup restore?

0 Kudos
pkrief
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes there is, from my understanding the time to recover is shorter and the procedure can be automated. right?

0 Kudos
SpencerLaV
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings.

Thx for ur reply. As i asked elsewhere in forums here, i wonder why we use multisite lite w/ srm at all instead of just use normal srm dr recovery.

For multisite lite with latency over 10ms between site and dr site and no stretched storage, why bother with multisite lite steps at all? Am i missing something simple?

0 Kudos