VMware Networking Community
KaBalint
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

NSX-T 2.5.1 Segmet Uninitialized

Hello Everyone!

I am facing an issue, i can create everything on the Advanced Networking and Security tab, everything works perfectly, but when i changed to the Simplyfied UI and I've created a Segment it tells me: Uninitialized.

I've created a separated Edge, and Edge Cluster for the T0 GW, also created a separated Transport Zone too.

The NSX-T version is 2.5.1 all the three managers work well. I have tested the Advanced N&S with a working PKS deployment.There are 4 transport nodes, in a Shared Edge and Compute deployment.

Is there anybody who had seen this problem?

Kind Regards,

KaBalint

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KaBalint
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Im sorry, so the TZ means a vlan-tz, which needed on the edge to the uplink. Because on the uplink i wanted to set up a vlan tag, and on the port group which is connected to the edge was a trunk pg.

Anyway the shut down (all the three NSX-TManagers at the same time) and a turn on solved the problem.

Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you don't create a T0/T1 in the policy-based UI then you won't be able to utilize the logical segment.

0 Kudos
KaBalint
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have created a T0/T1 GW too on the Policy Based UI. Those gw-s are up with green dot, but when i connect them to the segment it show up an exclamation mark with realization error, doesnt matter it is a downlink, or an external link.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You may need to check your transport nodes and ensure there are no issues. Sounds like there's a problem either at the edge or one or more of the nodes.

0 Kudos
KaBalint
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think all of the nodes work well, because on the advanced ui, i can create everything, and all of the configurations work well.

Anyway thanks for your advice, these are all good ideas!

0 Kudos
mauricioamorim
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Are you sure you have host TNs with the necessary TZ? When you say you created a new TZ you would have to associate it with your host TNs. Realization errors usually occur if NSX manager doesn't have the necessary resource to provision the segment.

0 Kudos
KaBalint
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Im sorry, so the TZ means a vlan-tz, which needed on the edge to the uplink. Because on the uplink i wanted to set up a vlan tag, and on the port group which is connected to the edge was a trunk pg.

Anyway the shut down (all the three NSX-TManagers at the same time) and a turn on solved the problem.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

So then the cause was like I suspected: Something in one or more of the hosts was in an inconsistent state. A reboot can often fix these things like you've found. The fact that you shut them all down simultaneously shouldn't have made a difference.

0 Kudos
KaBalint
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

When i restarted the nsx managers one-by-one did not help, thus this was my last chance to shutdown all of the managers, and it worked.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Oh so you shut down all of the manager appliances. Ok, that must have been something else then. Like a database replication/consistency issue.

0 Kudos
KaBalint
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yep, im sorry, i was not clear enough im my reply. I am going to edit it if it possible.

0 Kudos