VMware Networking Community
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

NSX-T 2.4 with vIDM

Hi,

I am facing the following error after i linked NSX-T 2.4 with vIDM ( VMware identity manager )

An error occurred during OAuth2 operation. Please contact your administrator to resolve the issue.

{ "error": "invalid_request", "error_description": "Must provide a matching redirect uri." }

Any help ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ACIGURU
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

when you setup the connection from NSX-T to vIDM, there is a place for the FQDN of the NSX-T Manager at the bottom.  You MUST use this FQDN to login when connecting to NSX-T when vIDM has been configured.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ACIGURU
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

when you setup the connection from NSX-T to vIDM, there is a place for the FQDN of the NSX-T Manager at the bottom.  You MUST use this FQDN to login when connecting to NSX-T when vIDM has been configured.

0 Kudos
icarr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, this is correct.

It can be confusing if you run the sddc api calls for the environment, it will show you a URL for NSX that is not the same as the one in the NSX UI, thus giving the error message about 'matching redirect uri'. 

To confirm what the configured NSX-T FQDN is, you have to go to the NSX-T UI (login locally) go to System, Users and Roles, then VMWARE IDENTITY MANAGER tab. 

The value is in the NSX Appliance section. In my case, an IP was configured here incorrectly. 

0 Kudos