VMware Networking Community
dvino821
Contributor
Contributor

NSX - Some controller connections down from ESXi hosts

Running NSX 6.1.1. Having connectivity issues between VMs on some VNIs. Some controller connections from ESXi hosts show down (see example below).

Restarting the netcpad doesn't seem to help. Any feedback would be appreciated.

UPDATE: We bounced the controllers and that fixed the issue, but need to find out why this keeps happening.

ESXi_Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SRoland
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I recommend to upgrade to 6.1.4 as there were controller issues fixed (like this) between 6.1.1 and 6.1.4

0 Kudos
dvino821
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks! I thought that might be the advise. Unfortunately, we are allowed to upgrade at the moment.

Do you happen to know if this exact issue was fixed?

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
GiulianoBertell
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same problem, tho it's on my lab where ESXi are virtual.From ESXi I can ping the controller(s) and also restarting netcpad doesn't help.

~ # esxcli network vswitch dvs vmware vxlan network list --vds-name Mgmt_vDS

VXLAN ID  Multicast IP               Control Plane        Controller Connection   Port Count  MAC Entry Count  ARP Entry Count  MTEP Count

--------  -------------------------  -------------------  ----------------------  ----------  ---------------  ---------------  ----------

5002  N/A (headend replication)  Enabled (ARP proxy)  192.168.110.201 (down)           1                0                0           0

5001  N/A (headend replication)  Enabled (ARP proxy)  192.168.110.201 (down)           1                0                0           0

5003  N/A (headend replication)  Enabled (ARP proxy)  192.168.110.201 (down)           1                0                0           0

5000  N/A (headend replication)  Enabled (ARP proxy)  192.168.110.201 (down)           1                0                0           0

SRoland Is this issue documented in the release notes or you just know cause you had the same problem ? I'm also running 6.1.1

Giuliano Bertello
0 Kudos