VMware Networking Community
Fuller9x
Contributor
Contributor

NSX - Remove invalid Service deployments

Is there an easy way to remove invalid service deployments from the NSX appliance or are we looking at a tech support back end fix / redeployment of the NSX Manager into the various datacenters again?

Folks have removed or renamed clusters within the datacenter as we've moved from 6 to 6.7 without removing the protection services first, so we have a few service deployments sitting in the manager that have been orphaned, no cluster or hosts associated with them. When we try to resolve or delete the deployment we get "invalid cluster id: null" because the cluster and hosts obviously no longer exist for that binding.

After performing maintenance to bring the manager up to version 6.4.3.9927516, all these invalid deployments are showing that they can be upgraded to the latest SVM's, but there's nothing to deploy to and we can't delete them because of the invalid backing.

The OCD compels me to remove the deployments, since they've created confusion, so if anyone can point me to a valid solution I'd appreciate it.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IPLtd
Contributor
Contributor

An update to this. We did require support to edit the tables within the NSX manager appliance to remove the invalid clusters.

As a quick fix, you can go to https://<vCenter FQDN>/eam/mob and remove the invalid NSX/VCNS agencies or through the web client, Administration > vCenter Server Extensions > VMware ESX Agent manager > Manage and explore the NSX Agencies for the invalid clusters.