VMware Networking Community
mwerne01
Contributor
Contributor

NSX Manager does not boot after deploying OVA

Hi,

I am curious if anyone else has seen this problem. I have seen this problem when trying to deploy NSX Manager 6.1.6, 6.2.1, & 6.2.2.

After I deploy the OVA I then start the VM and watch the boot process in the remote console. The VM appears to be booting fine and mounting the file systems. The VM gets to the point where it indicates, "Mounting  vdisk Switched to clocksource tsc", and then the boot process hangs for a bit.

Then there are messages indicating, "mptscsih: ioc0: attempting task abort!" followed by other messages (see images below) and then the NSX Manager VM never boots, and hangs at the message, "Beginning Domain Validation".

From what I can gather these messages are related to the LSI Logic Parallel controller on the NSX Manager VM and/or the underlying disks.

Now in fairness, this is in a home lab, running nested ESXi on a Dell R710 with plenty of resources, using an Openfiler VM for iSCSI targets on the R710's internal RAID 5 storage. But that said, the Nested ESXi VMs boot and run fine.There are Windows VMs booting and running fine. I have also attempted to deploy the NSX Manager OVA to the physical ESXi host running directly on the R710 but get the same results.

I am curious if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, or has ever run into something like this? Thank you! 

disk_error.JPG

disk_error2.JPG

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
prangi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hope you have deployed NSX Manager connecting to vCenter using Web Client. I have faced some issue some times back deploying NSX Manager in home lab when I deployed using VI client connecting directly to ESXi host. If not try deploying connecting to vCenter using Web Client.

0 Kudos
mwerne01
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response. Yes, I am using the Web Client to deploy the NSX Manager OVA.

0 Kudos