VMware Networking Community
grantcurell
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

NSX - Host Communication Status - Down

I'm new to NSX and recently had a networking issue that caused some outages. I fixed the problem, everything is back up, but NSX is reporting that there is a host down.

host_down.PNG

However, everything else shows green. I got on the command line and ran show cluster all and it shows "Firewall Fabric Status" green. The host in question has no alarms and is healthy in every way I can think of to check. NSX itself doesn't seem to be having any problems. What is this alarm about and what should I be checking to take care of it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
grantcurell
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I spent a fair amount of time studying up on how all this works, went through the guide here Control Plane Agent (netcpa) Issues , and really couldn't find much to troubleshoot. Everything was connected, up, and green. I gave up my attempt at more sophisticated troubleshooting and rebooted the box and it worked fine. I'm chalking it up to some internal software oddity.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
grantcurell
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I spent a fair amount of time studying up on how all this works, went through the guide here Control Plane Agent (netcpa) Issues , and really couldn't find much to troubleshoot. Everything was connected, up, and green. I gave up my attempt at more sophisticated troubleshooting and rebooted the box and it worked fine. I'm chalking it up to some internal software oddity.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos