VMware Networking Community
sumitmahla
Contributor
Contributor

NSX Edge deployment green plus option missing

Hello All,

This is my first post on vmware community. Please excuse me if this was already discussed and replied earlier.

I am stuck with a strange situation, where in I do not have a green plus sign for NSX Edge deployment. Below is screenshot. I was logged in using administrator@vsphere.local user ID and have checked the user has enterprise administrator role assigned in NSX.

I had checked with IE/Mozilla/Chrome. All show same issue.

NSX Edge menu.PNG

With respect to installation below is status

NSX Installation Tab1.PNG

NSX Installation Tab2.PNG

i am not sure what am I missing, I had deployed NSX in lab environment before but never had this issue. This is again a lab environment from scratch. Can some body please suggest me what could be wrong ?

Regards

Tags (2)
4 Replies
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is your vCenter running 5.5 Update 3?  I've seen this issue appear with versions of NSX prior to 6.1.4.  If your vCenter is at 5.5 Update 3, you'll need to upgrade to 6.1.4 to resolve the issue. 

The release notes also mentions this, which may or may not apply to you:

After upgrading NSX from version 6.0 to 6.0.x, NSX Edges are not listed on the UI
When you upgrade from NSX 6.0 to NSX 6.0.x, the vSphere Web Client plug-in may not upgrade correctly. This may result in UI display issues such as missing NSX Edges.
This issue is not seen if you are upgrading from NSX 6.0.1 or later.
Workaround: Follow the steps below.

1. On the vSphere Server, navigate to the following location:
      /var/lib/vmware/vsphere-client/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity
    2. Delete the following folders:
      com.vmware.vShieldManager-6.0.x.1546773
      com.vmware.vShieldManager-6.0.1378053
    3. Restart the vSphere Web Client service.
  1. This ensures deployment of the latest plug-in package.
sumitmahla
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks larsonm

Yes I have vcenter 5.5u3 installed. This is a fresh from scratch deployement. I had not done any upgrade yet. Idea was to setup everythign and to an upgrade to 6.1.7 for NSX.

I had not deployed any NSX Edge yet, it is not giving me an option to deploy as "add" button i.e. "green plus" icon is missing.

I had done a webclient restart, vcenter restart, even entire infra restart as it is deployed in my home lab in workstation.

Any thoughts ? appreciate your response.

Regards

0 Kudos
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Upgrade NSX to 6.1.4 or later, and the plus sign will appear.

sumitmahla
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Mate !! Smiley Happy

I will give a try to workaround, if it does not work will upgrade !!!

0 Kudos