VMware Networking Community
sandhog
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

NSX Disconnecting from vCenter

Randomly NSX is disconnecting from vCenter. Once this happens, NSX doesn't show registration with vCenter (no green light). The following error was noted:

NSX Management Service operation failed.( I/O error on GET request for "http://localhost:7441/api/2.0/services/vcconfig": Read timed out; nested exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out )

- KB states to upgrade to 6.1.5. Current version is 6.2.2.

- Check DNS and no record was created to resolved NSX. Record created and resolution - both ways - verified. Monitored the status for a few hours.

- Checking the logs today. I might have seen some "untp...." error entries. Will get back with any findings.

- Any comments?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is DWF enabled? Might be useful to run packet capture from NSX Manager to VCenter Server for a certain number of hours depending on when issue occurs. Using the pktcap-uw tool in ESXi 5.5 and later (2051814). Does issue persist if vcenter and NSX Manager is on the same host?

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
RaymundoEC
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

hi there sir,

I have a similar issue in the past but seem slithy different, so in my case I went to nsx manager, go to enable mode and do a show log manager follow, from there check what exactly ERROR message is painted and post it here.

regards

+vRay
0 Kudos