vmware3222
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

NSX DLR Home lab Help me please

Jump to solution

Hi all,

i want deploy a DLR in only one subnet and 4 physical machine

i want to know if my adresses ip configuration is correct ( in the picture attached)

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Javel1n
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

well, if your just asking for IP address, change the ip address / subnet is the answer, but there is something i need to ask for you

- in your diagram, there are connection between edge and pc admin. What it will use for?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
larsonm
Expert
Expert

If you are using an older version, where bridging was done on the Edge, and your goal is to extend the layer 2 segment of 192.168.0.0/24 by bridging it to your transit logical switch, then that looks good although in that case I do not believe the edge would have an internal and external address.  My memory is hazy bridging with an ESG.

What I would recommend instead is to use a different IP space for you transit LS, and route the traffic out of the overlay.

vmware3222
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you very much

I began to despair because I posted three questions and I  had no response,

i use Esxi 5.5 with nsx 6.4.1

0 Kudos
Javel1n
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

from the look of your diagram ( CMIIW ) :

1. 4 Physical Server.

2. 1 PC

What PC Admin will become? are they going to become yours physical router?

Here what i think you need to correct :

- From DLR to Edge you are using same IP. Change Edge to .2

- If you want to use dynamic routing, make sure its subnet /29.

- LIke my earlier question, assumpming PC admin become router, then change the subnet, you can use /30, or /29.

0 Kudos
vmware3222
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

My pC Admin is DNS and AD

I installed in this PC Windows server 2012 R2

0 Kudos
Javel1n
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

well, if your just asking for IP address, change the ip address / subnet is the answer, but there is something i need to ask for you

- in your diagram, there are connection between edge and pc admin. What it will use for?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
vmware3222
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Because i haven't a router then i want if is possible using Win Server for routing :smileycry:

0 Kudos