VMware Networking Community
padulka
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

NSX Cross-vCenter Controller Cluster

Hi to all, in my lab I'm deployng a Cross-vCenter environment; in all guide I'm finding when I deploying the Controller Cluster on primay site, into secondary 'site' I would find a copy of all controller vm, but it's not. The version of environment is: vCenter 6.5u2 NSX-V 6.4 Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

No worries dear, the role of the community is to help each others in order to provide the best solutions.

Noting that the controller cluster exist always on the active site. and regarding your screenshot it is correct you have to deploy the controller cluster on the DR but when the primary site is down.

Cheers,

VCIX6-NV|VCP-NV|VCP-DC|

@KakHassan

linkedin.com/in/hassanalkak

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello,

What do you mean by a copy ? it is a virtual machines ?

From primary NSX manager (primary site) you should see the below:

pastedImage_0.png

And from secondary, you got the following:

pastedImage_1.png

Cheers,

VCIX6-NV|VCP-NV|VCP-DC|

@KakHassan

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
padulka
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Hassan, sorry for my wrong explain. This is my first deployment and I figured since that Controller VM is a VM I would find on secondary site a copy of this to manage a disaster recovery of NSX Infrastructure into primary site. In ufficial VMware documentation I find the following:

2019_02_04_12_44_56_Disaster_Recovery_with_NSX_and_SRM.pdf_Adobe_Acrobat_Pro_DC.png

0 Kudos
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

No worries dear, the role of the community is to help each others in order to provide the best solutions.

Noting that the controller cluster exist always on the active site. and regarding your screenshot it is correct you have to deploy the controller cluster on the DR but when the primary site is down.

Cheers,

VCIX6-NV|VCP-NV|VCP-DC|

@KakHassan

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
0 Kudos