VMware Networking Community
jeffersonc47
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

NSX ALB VIPs on NSX-T Global Segments

Is there any way to put NSX ALB VIPs on an NSX-T Global Manager Segment while using the NSX-T cloud integration in NSX ALB? NSX ALB is able to see the Global Manager T1 router, but the corresponding segment list is empty. As a result, I can't put VIPs on those segments. Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
animesh41
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I don't think NSX ALB integrates with the NSX Global Managers and thus cannot discover Global segments, the last time I saw. Someone from VMware can confirm the same.

VCIX-NV | VCAP 3x | AWS-SAA | TOGAF | vExpert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jeffersonc47
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Here's a screenshot showing what I'm seeing. There are a bunch of segments on that T1 that aren't showing in this list.

NSX ALB Global Segments.png

0 Kudos
animesh41
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I don't think NSX ALB integrates with the NSX Global Managers and thus cannot discover Global segments, the last time I saw. Someone from VMware can confirm the same.

0 Kudos
jeffersonc47
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I got a response from some VMware contacts that confirms it's expected behavior that it can't see the global segments. What's odd is it can see the global router, so it can see some global objects but not others...

0 Kudos
animesh41
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I agree, from a visibility point of view , it should at-least be able to view to all GM objects or none.. Strange behaviour that it can see Tier1 routers but not segments. Glad, you got it confirmed from VMware!!

0 Kudos