srodenburg
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

NSX 6.2.5 version confusion

Hello,

I just upgraded an 8-node ESXi 6.0 U2 Cluster with NSX version 6.2.4 to 6.2.5

The NSX Manager now shows version 6.2.5 Build 4818372

The vCenter Webclient service was restarted to upgrade the plugin. That went fine too.

I then proceeded with the Controller nodes:

The 3 NSX Controller nodes upgrade successfully but their version is now 6.2.48886   ( I expected something like 6.2.5something)

I go hmmm strange still a 6.2.4 version. So i cleared the browser cache again etc. but it still shows that version. I then logged into the console on the controller nodes (needed to do so anyway to check if they joined correctly, majority is setup correctly etc. etc.)  and did a "show version".  It shows me version 4.0.6 build 48886

The ESXi Servers (under Host preparation) now show version 6.2.5.4818372 by the way so they are fine.

My confusion is the version of the 3 NSX controllers. Webgui says 6.2.48886 and command-line inside the controller VM's say version 4.0.6 build 48886

As i cannot find info's on "what the versions of the individual components should be" after the upgrade 6.2.5 I don't know if something went wrong or not.  Their upgrades went fine (they download, install, reboot etc. in the correct sequence etc.)  but I still see a 6.2.4.x version on those controllers afterwards.

Can anyone shed some light on this? What should the version of the controllers be after this upgrade to 6.2.5 ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
p0wertje
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

It seems the version is 6.2.48886 after the upgrade. (i got the same)

the 4.0.6 you see is probably the nicira nvp version number.

As you may know Nicira is aquired by vmware a couple of years ago.

--

Chris

Cheers,
p0wertje | VCIX6-NV | JNCIS-ENT | vExpert
Please kudo helpful posts and mark the thread as solved if solved

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
p0wertje
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

It seems the version is 6.2.48886 after the upgrade. (i got the same)

the 4.0.6 you see is probably the nicira nvp version number.

As you may know Nicira is aquired by vmware a couple of years ago.

--

Chris

Cheers,
p0wertje | VCIX6-NV | JNCIS-ENT | vExpert
Please kudo helpful posts and mark the thread as solved if solved
0 Kudos
chuckbell
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

As an aside, this KB can be helpful to correlate build numbers to version numbers. 6.2.5 has not been added to the KB yet so it won't answer your question. But a good favorite to add.

Build numbers and versions of VMware NSX for vSphere (2143854) | VMware KB

0 Kudos