VMware Networking Community
IvarHome
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

MAC address disappears

When connection is some time idle, cant connect/ping anymore VM in logical switch, bridged to portgroup. In arp table (computer outside NSX) there is nothing. Seems like some NSX switch MAC table becomes full, because other connections stay.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IvarHome
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I find the problem. Seems in logical switch setting "Enable IP Discovery" appears very evil option - when I disabled it, network becomes again functional and also without lag.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IvarHome
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Very strange, but after vCenter reboot, all seems accessible again. But NSX still have latency. VM connected directly to portgroup every ping starts with 1ms. But when through logical switch and edge bridge, after waiting about 5 min, first ping is about 800 ms.

0 Kudos
IvarHome
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

But still, next day again no ping to VM. Seems NSX logigal switch or whole NSX (maybe edge bridge also) is absolutely non trustable software. If you search problems, then put VM-s into logical switch. When software first works, but example after hour or day stop working, then what you think the problem is. There probably some buffer or MAC table goes full and developed software dont know what to to nex when example some buffer or memory goes full. Developers IQ cant at all get this kind of situation. And also, with distributed switch I was able to set topology view and there was list of all portgroups, VLAN numbers and VM-s in this portgroup. Where in NSX is this kind of topology view? Too hard to develop? VMWare dont have money for developing?

0 Kudos
IvarHome
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I find the problem. Seems in logical switch setting "Enable IP Discovery" appears very evil option - when I disabled it, network becomes again functional and also without lag.

0 Kudos