VMware Networking Community
Shoebch
Contributor
Contributor

Learning NSX for vSphere and do some basic test

I'm learning virtualization technology of VMWare. I have some basic knowledge on data center virtualization. I've tested creating some VMs installing ESXi to my personal computer. Now I want to learn about NSX and test accordingly.

When it go for download from my account, the download button gets inactive(grey color).

NSX for vSphere 6.2.7

File size: 2.515 GB

File type: ova

When I go for opensource NSX, it gives me the option to download the following 1.544GB file.

Open Source Tarball NSX for vSphere 6.2.3

File size: 1.544 GB

File type: tgz

Is it the same thing? Can i use this file for NSX feature testing?

2 Replies
AdrianTT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Shoebch,

No the tarball does not contain all of the code for NSX just the opensource components that VMWare has modified; if you don't have a licence entitlement and you wish to do some labbing I would recommend that you check out the VMWare Hands On Labs (https://labs.hol.vmware.com​) these are free of charge and have full labs including NSX network virtualisation labs and are a great resource.

Kind regards,

Adrian

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your query have been answered correctly. Cheers,
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

Unfortunately NSX is not available for Public Evaluation now. But as Adrian mentioned Hands On Labs are available on NSX. Please find the details in this URL.

Evaluate VMware Products

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos