VMware Networking Community
i1wan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

L2 VPN Server and SSL VPN-Plus on the same edge not possible

Hi,

Today I was busy with trying to test the L2 VPN feature and I got an error message on the L2 VPN Server that I was not allowed to enable the "L2 VPN Server" when the SSL VPN-Plus feature is enabled.

Is there a way that these two can run simultaneously?

And what is the (technical) reason why this is not working, or can not work at this moment?

The L2 VPN together with the SSL VPN-Plus feature enabled together works fine by the way, but with the server it does not work...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SRoland
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

OK, I should have been more precise here. This is using the same service on the ESG. You cannot enable both at the same time. That's just how it is. Maybe it will change later.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SRoland
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

L2VPN uses the same protocol and ports (TCP/443) what the SSL VPN-Plus is using that is why you cannot use the same on one ESG.

HTH,

//Roland

0 Kudos
i1wan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

I tried changing the port of the SSL VPN-Plus to 8443 but I was still not able to enable them both at the same time ...

0 Kudos
SRoland
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

OK, I should have been more precise here. This is using the same service on the ESG. You cannot enable both at the same time. That's just how it is. Maybe it will change later.

0 Kudos