VMware Networking Community
RangaSubramani
Contributor
Contributor

L2 Bridging on Universal DLR

Hi,

I have situation to bridge VLANs to VXLAN since some servers will still be on bare-metal servers. The proposed NSX spans across 2 VCentres at 2 DCs.

I see that Cros Vcentre NSX synchronization for L2 Bridging is supported. I'm curious to understand what it means, does that mean L2 Bridge on UDLR is not supported for Universal transport zone or just the synchronization?

Can I configure L2 Bridging on Universal DLR at one site to span VLAN from physical environment o overlay?

3 Replies
erikverbruggen
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You cannot configure an L2 bridge with a UDLR or add an L2 bridge to a ULS. VMware NSX for vSphere 6.2 Documentation Center

If you want to configure an L2 bridge in a Cross-vCenter NSX environment, you will need to add an addtional DLR to configure the L2 bridge. Traffic between the DLR and UDLR will be routed via the ESG's. NSX-V Multi-site Options and Cross-VC NSX Design Guide

RangaSubramani
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Erik. So that means I cannot have a L2 segment stretched across Multi-Site which actually is my requirement.

0 Kudos
erikverbruggen
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You can have a L2 segment stretched but it has to be a Universal Logical Switch or a traditional VLAN backed portgroup, not a combination of both which you essentially configure with a L2 bridge.