VMware Networking Community
VCDX246
Contributor
Contributor

Issues upgrading NSX v6.0.7 to v6.1.0

Hello,

Is anyone aware of any issues upgrading from v6.0.7 to v6.1.0?

I'm following the NSX Upgrade documentation to the letter, and I'm able to get the NSX Manager to v6.1.0, but then the NSX Management Service doesn't start.  vPostgres, RabbitMQ, and SSH start just fine.  I have waited a few minutes, then tried to restart it multiple times, but still no luck.  Without that, vCenter doesn't see NSX.  Luckily I made a snapshot before I started, so I've been able to try the upgrade twice.  Both times I get to the same point where after the upgrade, NSX Management Service doesn't start.

I've also reviewed the Release notes for both v6.0.7 and v6.1.0.  There was one mention about upgrading from v6.0 to v6.0.7, and needing to uninstall Data Security first, but no mention of that in the v6.1.0 release notes.  It just says to call support if the upgrade fails, but this is a learning lab, and not production, so that isn't an option.  I also checked KB articles on VMware site, as well as this community, but no hits on this issue.  I was able to download a Tech Support Log of the setup while in a failed state, and there are a few warnings and errors, but I don't know which one(s) are relevant. I'll attach the Tech Support Log to this post.

I'm back up and running under v6.0.7, but I thought I'd ask the NSX community.  If I can't figure something out, I guess I'll just delete everything and install version 6.1.1 from scratch, but I thought I'd ask here first.

I look forward to any ideas people may have.  Thank you in advance for whatever assistance or guidance someone may have.

Sincerely,

Luis

PS> DNS is fully populated with EVERY item in the lab environment, and v6.0.7 works without any issues.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
0 Replies