VMware Networking Community
AnthonySpiteri2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Internal Server Error Issue deploying the initial NSX Controllers

Hi guys, this is actually relating to NSX 6.1 which we are a partner of through the NSBU here in Australia.

I have an issue deploying the initial NSX Controllers where by I get a generic Internal Server Error Has occurred if done via the Web Client.

I've gone through the REST APIs to deploy a controller and I was able to generate a more meaningful error shown below:

PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [insert into key_value_store( context, name, value ) values ( ?, ?, ? )]; ERROR: value too long for type character varying(255); nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: value too long for type character varying(255)

I've tried different combinations of input sources (datastatores, PortGroups, Resource Pools etc) but the same error pops up.

Is this a big in 6.1.1? Didn't have this issue in 6.0.x releases.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
chunchitng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I setup 6.1.1 in my lab, no problem. Did you verify the dns and reverse dns? Did you enter the vcenter IP in the vcenter advanced setting? It is called managed ip if I remember correctly.

0 Kudos
AnthonySpiteri2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yea, all setup correctly...this isn't my first deployment in this environment...but the first where it's gone from a 5.5.3.1 vCNS to NSX 6.1 to 6.1.1 There error is pretty specific towards a db issue trying to insert data...

0 Kudos