VMware Networking Community
RLRHart
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Installation Status "Not Ready"

Hi relatively new to NSX so please excuse the basic questions.

I have a 6.3.1 environment, when I go to Installation/Host Preparation all my systems under Installation Status say "Not Ready". Click on that and it says "Unable to access agent offline bundle at https://**.**.**.**/bin/vdn/vibs-6.3.1/6.0-5124744/vxlan.zip".

Now we believe this issue has been resolved, so the next logical step is to click on Resolve. So here is my question, we have running services so what does the Resolve being issued do and is it OK to run while services are up and running on the host?

Thanks

Richard

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NicolasAlauzet
Jump to solution

Check this one:

Problem Not Fixed With the Resolve Option

If you are not sure of the impact that that is going to have in the platform, and even so, you want to double check. (and even see if the resolve is going to fix it)

In my experience with "Resolve" if the problem is not with the actual vxlan configuration with the host, you are not going to face any issue.

But, you can do this just to be sure:

Option A: Put a host into mantenance mode, try to resolve that host alone.

if does not work

Move out of the cluster the ESXi. NSX will be unistalled. (reboot required)

Move back the host to the cluster, and see the status after automatic configuration of NSX.

If you want to provide more info, sshots also would be helpfull.

Cheers.

N

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Triple VCIX (CMA-NV-DCV) | vExpert | MCSE | CCNA

View solution in original post

4 Replies
NicolasAlauzet
Jump to solution

What kind of services are you running? I assume that are not using vxlan right?

If you are not using vxlan you can "resolve" without issue. (Even most of the time you can resolve issues running vxlan)

0 Kudos
RLRHart
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, yes we are using vxlan, that's why I wanted to know what the resolve command would do. I could evacuate a host and try it on that, I just wanted to know if it was no problem running it on a live system then I would do it.

0 Kudos
NicolasAlauzet
Jump to solution

Check this one:

Problem Not Fixed With the Resolve Option

If you are not sure of the impact that that is going to have in the platform, and even so, you want to double check. (and even see if the resolve is going to fix it)

In my experience with "Resolve" if the problem is not with the actual vxlan configuration with the host, you are not going to face any issue.

But, you can do this just to be sure:

Option A: Put a host into mantenance mode, try to resolve that host alone.

if does not work

Move out of the cluster the ESXi. NSX will be unistalled. (reboot required)

Move back the host to the cluster, and see the status after automatic configuration of NSX.

If you want to provide more info, sshots also would be helpfull.

Cheers.

N