VMware Networking Community
mhdganji
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Identity firewall for different users on same machine

Hi,

Since our remote users log into shared desktops (Citrix desktops), there maybe tens of users on the same VM. What we need to do is to restrict their access to other parts of the network, say simply RDP to a special server. If it was a physical machine or VM with a single user, I guess IDFW could do the work using the User-IP match. But as mentioned, many users are logged on the same VM so a single host IP is assigned to them.

Is there anyway to restrict access for RDP to a server just to some users on the same desktop (and naturally one IP)?

Regards,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

This seems to me for your problem:

Restricting Remote Desktop Access

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
NicolasAlauzet

Hi there, you migh find this usefull its for horizon but same concept applies.

Context-Aware Micro-segmentation - Remote Desktop Session Host Enhancements for VMware Horizon | Net...

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Triple VCIX (CMA-NV-DCV) | vExpert | MCSE | CCNA
0 Kudos
mhdganji
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks to both, my question is: Do we need Horizon to implement this? I'm using Citrix and there is no inetgration with Vmware

And are we talking about users concurrently logged on same machine with same IP?

I know that IDFW can do the job for scenarios when one user logs into a server but with many users on the same desktop (so the same IP) not sure whether it works or not.

Regards

0 Kudos
NicolasAlauzet

IDFW is independent from VDI. Should work the same way with Citrix

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Triple VCIX (CMA-NV-DCV) | vExpert | MCSE | CCNA
0 Kudos