VMware Networking Community
hardshah4
Contributor
Contributor

I am not getting “Partner security services” option on below location. It should be next to General > Ethernet > “Partner security services”.

Hello VMware,

I am not getting “Partner security services” option on below location. It should be next to General > Ethernet > “Partner security services”.

NOTE: I am using trial version of ESXi & Vcenter.

NX.png

Regards,

Neo

0 Kudos
11 Replies
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What version of NSX do you have installed?  I believe that button was made available in 6.1.

0 Kudos
hardshah4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Larsonm,

Thanks a lot for the prompt response, I believe it is 7.0.1. Should I have it ?

Regards,

Hardik Shah

0 Kudos
hardshah4
Contributor
Contributor

How do I check the NSX version ? I told version from image name. But still looking for command to give more precise info.

0 Kudos
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Click on the Installation button in the left-hand pane.  Look at the NSX Manager section in the middle.  It will list the version of NSX manager installed.  You can also find the information by looking at the admin page for the NSX Manager appliance.

0 Kudos
Coldpawz
Contributor
Contributor

You can get the version by browsing the NSX manager webpage and logging in - info will be displayed in the top right, or you can SSH onto the NSX manager and run "show version", or alternatively you can find out by going to Networking and Security > Installation > Management.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
hardshah4
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Guys,

Its NSX 6.0.0, thats why I dont have the option. I just downloaded 6.2.0, and getting below error on upgrade, New image name is "VMware-NSX-Manager-6.2.0-2986609"

NSX_Error.PNG

0 Kudos
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The upgrade bundle that you'd need to use to upgrade NSX Manager is the zip file.  The OVA file (the file shown in the screenshot) is the appliance which would be used for a new deployment.

0 Kudos
hardshah4
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks alot, can I have file name and link to download it. Please give the file name, its important.

0 Kudos
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VMware-NSX-Manager-upgrade-bundle-6.2.0-2986609.tar.gz

0 Kudos
hardshah4
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Larsonm,

Now I am getting new error, please find below error. I am upgrading from 6.0.0 to 6.2.0, is it something doable or I need to upgrade to 6.1.0.

NSX_Error_2.PNG

0 Kudos
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Per the VMware Product Interoperability Matrix, NSX 6.0.0 can be upgraded to NSX 6.2.0.

As a next step, I recommend reviewing the upgrade document:

https://pubs.vmware.com/NSX-62/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/nsx_62_upgrade.pdf

There are a few prerequisites that should be met.

• vCenter must be at 5.5 (Interop Matrix says 5.5, documentation say 5.5 U3)
  • Increase RAM on NSX Manager to 16GB
  • Uninstall data security

Also, review this KB:  VMware KB: Understanding and troubleshooting VMware NSX Manager

0 Kudos