VMware Networking Community
vmmed1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to you make a Load Balancer reachable via SSH?

I am able to reach one of our load balancers via SSH but the others I can't.

What enables an LB to be connected to via SSH rather than just the

NSX GUI?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
smitmartijn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

It's the NSX Edge you enable SSH on. I wouldn't recommend enabling SSH, mostly because you create a new attack vector in your network. Troubleshooting and showing load balancer stats, can also be done from the Central CLI: NSX Central CLI for Operations & Troubleshooting

But, if you want to, you can do this at the time of deployment, by enabling "Enable SSH access" in the wizard.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX-for-vSphere/6.4/com.vmware.nsx.troubleshooting.doc/images/GUID...GUID-FDA3C5A4-070F-4F3A-9430-26900D8406F8-low.png

Manual: New NSX Edge (DLR)

Or when the Edge already has been deployed, enable it through the settings:

vSphere_Web_Client.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
smitmartijn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

It's the NSX Edge you enable SSH on. I wouldn't recommend enabling SSH, mostly because you create a new attack vector in your network. Troubleshooting and showing load balancer stats, can also be done from the Central CLI: NSX Central CLI for Operations & Troubleshooting

But, if you want to, you can do this at the time of deployment, by enabling "Enable SSH access" in the wizard.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX-for-vSphere/6.4/com.vmware.nsx.troubleshooting.doc/images/GUID...GUID-FDA3C5A4-070F-4F3A-9430-26900D8406F8-low.png

Manual: New NSX Edge (DLR)

Or when the Edge already has been deployed, enable it through the settings:

vSphere_Web_Client.png

0 Kudos
vmmed1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks much. Now I see an additional hurdle. Someone put port 22 onto an LB VIP. So

when I try to enable SSH to manage the edge I get an error that it's already in use.

0 Kudos