VMware Networking Community
jeffj2000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to delete RTEP from an edge node?

Hi. This is in a test environment. We are playing around with Federation and have 2 Sites connected with Remote Tunnel Endpoints. We want to remove our Edge nodes to try a different configuration but we are unable to remove them from the Edge Cluster saying it is use by a Logical Router. I assume it is because it is configured with an RTEP. We have removed all other references to this edge. Removed the BGP neighbor setup, and his interface from the T0, so we assume it is the RTEP. I cannot find anywhere where you can delete an RTEP from an Edge after you configure it from the Global Manager. Thank you for any help. Thanks,,,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hey,

I struggled with the same issue as you trying to delete the RTEP but, as I did it in a lab, I just removed the federation of a site and created again. However, last time what I did was, put the Edge Node in maintenance mode, remove it from the Edge Cluster and then delete it.

Take a look at the Tiers to check the Edge Allocation, if you did not select an Edge statically then most probably it has chosen your edge as "Standby" or "Active" that was my issue at least and nothing related with the RTEP.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hey,

I struggled with the same issue as you trying to delete the RTEP but, as I did it in a lab, I just removed the federation of a site and created again. However, last time what I did was, put the Edge Node in maintenance mode, remove it from the Edge Cluster and then delete it.

Take a look at the Tiers to check the Edge Allocation, if you did not select an Edge statically then most probably it has chosen your edge as "Standby" or "Active" that was my issue at least and nothing related with the RTEP.

0 Kudos
jeffj2000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi. Thank you very much. I had not thought of putting the Edge in maintenance mode and also my edges are auto-allocated. I have already just removed the Locations out of frustration but I plan on trying the maintenance mode in the lab to verify it will work in the future. Thanks,,,