VMware Networking Community
Petersaints
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How Fix T1 router link ip address (maintain the same ip address)

Hello all,

I'm using VRF Lite on my NSX-T environments.

I'm configuring a multisite scenario (Production + DR).

I've a VRF-mgmt and VRF-costumer1 on Production site and  VRF-mgmt-DR and VRF-customer-DR for disaster recovery site. Each VRF on Production side have a T1 connected.

Below we have the T1's addresses when service is on Production site.

Petersaints_1-1637781000774.png

When i switch the T1s from Prod to DR VRFs, connecting them manualy, the router links of the T1s change (as you can see below). In this case i first connect mgmt T1 to vrf-mgmt-dr and then t1-gw01 to vrf-customer-dr.

Petersaints_2-1637781124300.png

connecting first costumer1 T1 to vrf-customer-dr and then t1-mgmt to vrf-mgmt-dr (the T1's ip addresses also changed). It looks like they will receive the first ip available.

Petersaints_3-1637781435255.png

My question is:

- Is there a way to grant that when i connect the T1's to DR VRF's the ip address of T1 of the router links will always be the same? Because the ip address that the T1 receive, depends on the order that the switch was made. So, i want that the T1-mgmt when is connected to VRF mgmt-dr, always receive the router link ip 100.64.16.3/31. Is it possible?

I need that the T1's ip addresses be always the same, because i have static routes between VRF's, for route leaking and if the ip addresses of the T1's change, those routes will not work.

Thanks.

Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Petersaints
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello all,

Anyone can help?

Thanks.

Regards.

0 Kudos