VMware Networking Community
jrhaakenson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How Do You Edit NSX-T 3.2.1 Appliance Manager DNS Servers?

How on earth do you edit the DNS servers on an NSX-T Manager Appliance through the web console?  I'm running the latest 3.2.1 version of NSX-T and am logged in to the NSX-T Manager as an Enterprise Administrator.  I have three appliances.  The appliances page under System does not give you any option to edit the DNS servers on them.  I've been poking around for hours!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShahabKhan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
4 Replies
grimsrue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Assuming you are talking about actually NSX-T Manager Appliance VMs DNS and not DNS forwarding? You can not update the NSX-T managers DNS server through the Web UI.

You have SSH into the manager as root then edit the resolv.conf file.  (vi /etc/resolv.conf). Once you change one NSX-T Manager you will have to change the other two manually as well. I am pretty sure the NSX-T Managers DNS servers do not get replicated between managers.

0 Kudos
jrhaakenson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

OK thanks a lot.  That's easy enough to do.  I'm just surprised there is nowhere in the Web UI to do it.  I'll make the changes to /etc/resolv.conf.  Any other place within the appliance CLI that DNS needs to be modified besides /etc/resolv.conf?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ShahabKhan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Did you tried the steps given in this blog.

https://www.jordansphere.co.uk/change-dns-servers-in-nsx-t/

0 Kudos
jrhaakenson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes I actually just did that about 2 minutes ago as well 🙂  Thanks again.

0 Kudos