vmware3222
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Help me please :((((

Hi

i'm novice in vmware nsx

I installed vmware esxi 5.5 on 3 physical machines

What is the next step knowing that I would make 3 VLAN 1 for the management and 2  plan for the service

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RaymundoEC
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi

Assuming you have vSphere installed, then for default it creates a VSS for management, then if you plan a VLAN for management tag on that VSS there will be a vmkernel portgroup and the ip address of ESXi host for each of them, then install vCenter Server, add the ESXi hosts to the governance of vCenter, vCenter must be in same VLAN of ESXI host for management, then create a cluster with those ESXi hosts, after that create a VDS just be sure you have vnics avilable, when you create the VDS create the dvPortgroups for your VLANs tags and migrate management from VSS, note that your VLANS whatever they are mus be presented in all physical nics on physical machines, if not , no matters if you tag the VLAN they won't be available for any virtual switch VSS or VDS.

VSS: Standard switch

VDS : distributed switch

regards.

+vRay

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RaymundoEC
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi

Assuming you have vSphere installed, then for default it creates a VSS for management, then if you plan a VLAN for management tag on that VSS there will be a vmkernel portgroup and the ip address of ESXi host for each of them, then install vCenter Server, add the ESXi hosts to the governance of vCenter, vCenter must be in same VLAN of ESXI host for management, then create a cluster with those ESXi hosts, after that create a VDS just be sure you have vnics avilable, when you create the VDS create the dvPortgroups for your VLANs tags and migrate management from VSS, note that your VLANS whatever they are mus be presented in all physical nics on physical machines, if not , no matters if you tag the VLAN they won't be available for any virtual switch VSS or VDS.

VSS: Standard switch

VDS : distributed switch

regards.

+vRay
vmware3222
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Then nest step it^s install vSphere in a another physical machine ?

0 Kudos
RaymundoEC
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

yes,

I guess you have already installed in 3 physical VM's if not proceed to install on them, can you please provide some detail on what you want to achieve?

regards

+vRay
vmware3222
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank your for your help

I would like a simple physical configuration  containing

3 hypervisors to see if the network configuration is completely cross the HV

each network must have it vlan

a service VLAN (monitoring, backup, license server, anti-virus, dns, etc.) that would have visibility into another wham "clients" that they would have no visibility between them.

FW rules put between VLAN services to individual clients for each service.

All these vlan communicate with the physical network

distributed network ports connected to HV and should be able to get out on the Internet (via FW) or through the Internet directly to the ports of the HV and manage in NSX (the vrtualisation FW? consequences?).

To demonstrate the service network, we could simply put a vm with the console A / V trial version and see that the console communicates well with protected vm 

I can't add physical diagram image here

I put 3 pc linked by a physical netgar swicth

the switch is connected to the internet

1 pc -esxi1 10.2.4.2

2nd pc esxi2 10.2.4.3

3rd pc esxi3 (nsx manager) 10.2.4.4

but I'm not satisfied

and then what i must doing ????

help me please

0 Kudos
vmware3222
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Now i just installed vmware esxi 5.5 in each physical pc

0 Kudos
RaymundoEC
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I sent you my ID from skype, I have a window for next two hours.

regards

+vRay
0 Kudos