VMware Networking Community
gfirth77
Contributor
Contributor

Global Tier-0 with VRF lite

Hi All, Is anyone aware of when we may get support for VRF lite with Global Manager deployments of a Tier-0? I am needing to do VRF's and stretch the workload segments between sites. Any ideas on how I might achieve this with what is available? NSX does not permit connecting Global objects with Local objects as I thought of creating a stretch segment Globally, then connecting a Local Tier-0 to it.

I cannot do dedicated Tier-0 per route domain as I would need too many Tier-0 to achieve the outcome. I could do a Local Tier-0 for the frontend using VRF's, then attached the workload, via second vNic to a Global segment to stretch a 'backend' network, but I need the stretch to be routable to the outside world.

I suppose maybe I could BGP peer a Global and a Local Tier-0 to possibly achieve the outcome, but this I can see would get very messy.

Second, maybe use EVPN between sites? Deploy Local Tier-0 with the VRF's then use EVPN in NSX to 'stretch' the segments to the second site? I have jumbo frames supports end-to-end as is in a private network.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies