VMware Networking Community
GreyOwl
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For DLR only one ospf (uplink) interface is supported - how to override

Hello mates,

please help to solve the problem:

I have one DLR and two ESGs connected to it via uplink interfaces (both ESGs are also connected to physical infrastructure - different Cisco switches).

I need to run OSPF between DLR and ESG1 as well as between DLR and ESG2.

But OSPF can be enabled only on single DLR Uplink Interface (then I try to enable OSPF on the second uplink I get the error "for logical router only one ospf (uplink) interface is supported").

As I understand this is known limitation, but how can I manade to it?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NicolasAlauzet
Jump to solution

What you usually do in this situation is having a common transport network to connect ESG to DLR

pastedImage_0.png

In this scenario you can even work with ECMP if you need it and will be much more simple I think, and also, you will be able to have multiple neighboards

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Triple VCIX (CMA-NV-DCV) | vExpert | MCSE | CCNA

View solution in original post

3 Replies
NicolasAlauzet
Jump to solution

What you usually do in this situation is having a common transport network to connect ESG to DLR

pastedImage_0.png

In this scenario you can even work with ECMP if you need it and will be much more simple I think, and also, you will be able to have multiple neighboards

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Triple VCIX (CMA-NV-DCV) | vExpert | MCSE | CCNA
MostafaElSayedF
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes you can easly use one logical switch connected to both ESGs with the DLR.

I hope this answer your question and i hope that this become answer or helpful comment for you. also, for More details and more information just follow my blog https://www.syncgates.com.

I hope this answer your question and i hope that this become answer or helpful comment for you. also, for More details and more information just follow my blog https://www.syncgates.com Mostafa Fahmy
GreyOwl
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It works, thank you very much!