VMware Networking Community
ChethanBH88
Contributor
Contributor

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 () - NSX-T 2.5.2.0 when tried to login using Browser.

Hi Team,

I am unable to log in to NSX-T UI using VIP IP address/FQDN in browser. When I try to login, it logs in, but when clicked on different tabs within it, it logs out automatically. In Google Chrome browser, after it logs out, I tried to check what's happening in the backend server access by pressing F12 key, I see error as "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()".

Strange thing is we have two client windows VMs. I am able to log in to UI using VIP IP address/FQDN in browser, no issues. But in other client machine, it doesn't work.

NSX-T Manager version - 2.5.2.0.

I tried to look into the NSX-T Manager http.log file, I see below error log messages

I also, tried to look into the NSX-T Manager policy.log file, I see below error log messages,

Did anyone faced this issue earlier? any suggestions would be great help.

Thank you,

Chethan

Message was edited by: Chethan B H Thought snippets pasted in the message content works, as it didn't, I have attached the snippets again.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hey ChethanBH88​,

Let me see if I got it right, you have two clients machine where you try to login into NSX-T by using the VIP or the FQDN to that VIP and it works always perfect from one but not from the other?

If this is case could you please answer this questions:

• Are both windows with the same build?
  • Are both windows on the same network?
  • Are both windows using the same DNS records?
  • Do you have any entry in the hosts files inside the Windows folder?
  • Have you tried other browsers?
  • Are both windows with the same level of patches?
  • In case of Google Chrome, are both Windows using the same Chrome version?
  • Is the Windows that is not working currently using proxy?
0 Kudos
ChethanBH88
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lalegre​,

Thank you for looking into this issue. You got it right. We have two client machines, it was not working from 1st windows client machine for long time, we used to login with 2nd client machine. We had a lab Power up/Power down activity recently. After that. from 1st machine its working, from 2nd machine its not working now. Its very strange issue!

Please find my answers as below:

• Are both windows with the same build?
    • Yes
  • Are both windows on the same network?
    • Yes
  • Are both windows using the same DNS records?
    • DNS server is same. Each VM has got its own host record.
  • Do you have any entry in the hosts files inside the Windows folder?
    • No
  • Have you tried other browsers?
    • Yes, I tried Firefox, IE
  • Are both windows with the same level of patches?
    • Yes, Also, both the VMs are on same vCenter cluster.
  • In case of Google Chrome, are both Windows using the same Chrome version?
    • Yes
  • Is the Windows that is not working currently using proxy?
    • No. Both the windows has same proxy settings.

Regards,

Chethan

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

To be honest with you this does not seem to be an issue with NSX-T as it is working perfectly from one of your VMs, if you migrate the Windows VM to the same host where the working one is, does it work?

Also if you connect to the browser and run a netstat -an do you see all the connections being established?

0 Kudos
ChethanBH88
Contributor
Contributor

I kept both the VMs on the same host and did run netstat -an on both the VMs. After hitting NSX-T Manager in browser, netstat result says connection is established with port 443 on both the VMs.

0 Kudos