VMware Networking Community
gregheywood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Failed to deploy edge appliance [OVF Manager Internal error for more details...

Hello, I am getting the above trying to install my NSX Edge appliance (a DLR) in my test environment. I appreciate this is probably not a common or particularly helpful error, but I was after points on where to look to get to the bottom of it.I currently have no SYSLOG set up on my NSX Manager, and I was trying to look in the vCenter logs, but my browser keeps throwing internal errors while trying, so I am not getting too far.

To provide a bit of background, I am running ESXi6 nested on ESXi6. I have two compute clusters and a management cluster with five hosts. NSX is installed on all, but VXLAN is only configured on the compute clusters which are in "local-transport-zone-a".

I have several logical switches. Local-transit-A, and tier-1-A and tier-2-A. Tier-1-a contains a couple of VMs on 172.16.10.0/24, which can talk to each other, and tier-2-a contains one VM on 172.16.20.0/24.

My next job was to install a DLR to get connectivity between the two..

DLR.png

When I click "finish", I see the edge appliance listed for a minute or two, before it disappears, and the "failed" counter increments.

I have also tried the installation without Tier-2, just Tier-1.

If I go to the NSX Manager, I can see systems events with a code of 30024 each time I try and create the LDR.

Can anyone give me some pointers?

Message was edited by: gregheywood

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vmwsmitmartijn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

If you click the "X Failed" button, you will see the task that has failed and for what reason. My two cents; make sure that the resource reservations for the Edge are possible, as it automatically sets them when deploying and errors out when there are not enough resources.

0 Kudos
gregheywood
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply. I tried this morning deploying it to the other compute cluster, and that worked fine, but it is definitely something about the configuration of that first compute cluster. I will have to go over it and see if I can find it..

0 Kudos