VMware Networking Community
roia
Contributor
Contributor

Failed to add a new logical switch

Hi,

I'm trying to add a new logical switch to my new NSX environment and i'm getting a strange error:

I can't see any helpful information in NSX manager log file.

Does anyone familiar with this problem?  Thanks.

ScreenHunter_22 Mar. 18 10.37.jpg

5 Replies
rbudavari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looks like an old version of NSX (6.0) from the screenshot. This will require the tech support log from NSX Manager (or open a support request with VMware).

0 Kudos
James__M
Contributor
Contributor

I would follow http://virtualpatel.blogspot.com/2014/10/how-to-do-partial-full-uninstall-of-nsx.html in order to roll back your deployment. Don't forget to remove the agents (if they're lingering around). Once you get back to the beginning, I would also ensure VTEPs and controllers are on a separate subnet than all the rest of your stuff...it helps with the troubleshooting aspect. From there, I would check NSX Manager logs like the error message states to do. Make sure you have right permissions to manage Networking and Security settings in vCenter. Also make sure you have host preparation/segment ID/vxlan configuration completed and verified.

*make sure all vSphere components are at the right versions before proceeding with NSX deployment as well

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

It may be a long shot, but could you please try to completely close your browser, open new session of vSphere Web Client, and re-try?

Sometimes "NSX Manager internal error" could be caused by the NSX UI code running in your browser's Flash plugin to run out of resources and "get confused", which is resolved by a new Web UI session.

grosas
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've run into this exact problem in HOL environments, and resolved by following DmitriK posted suggestion.

If the NSX Manager logging doesn't throw exceptions or clear indications of the error, it is extremely likely the closing the browsers and reconnecting to the Web Client will resolve this.

Did you have a chance to troubleshoot further? 

Twitter: gabe_rosas
0 Kudos
CoolRam
Expert
Expert

Can you check your controller is has communication with nsx manager . pleas do check your transport zone is properly configured .

If you find any answer useful. please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos