VMware Networking Community
AlbertColl
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Exceed maximum number of load balancer service on logical router

Hello,

I'm working with NSX-T V2.5

We recently created a multi-layer rouiting infrastructure with T0's and T1's.  When attempting to deploy Load Balancers on a T1, the fisrt one went OK. but subsequent LB attempts return the following error:

"error_message" : "Exceed maximum number of load balancer service on logical router XYZ, only 1 load balancer service can be created per Logical Router."

Is there any parameter available to increase this value?

Best regards.

Albert.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The config max data doesn't seem to be right, so look at the 2.4 docs instead since they're basically identical to the limits in 2.5. You should be using large edges.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What size are your edges and what size load balancer did you deploy?

0 Kudos
AlbertColl
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We have attempted small and medium.

We use T1 deployed in medium Edge VMs form factor.

Additionally, the Configmax NSX-T V2.5  states the following limits:  (https://configmax.vmware.com/guest?vmwareproduct=VMware%20NSX-T&release=NSX-T%20Data%20Center%202.5.... )

Load Balancer Instances:

Medium Load Balancer Instances per Large Edge Node in VM Form Factor           4

Small Load Balancer Instances per Large Edge Node in VM Form Factor               40

Small Load Balancer Instances per Medium Edge Node in VM Form Factor           10

Large Load Balancer Instances per Large Edge Node in VM Form Factor                1

Medium Load Balancer Instances per Medium Edge Node in VM Form Factor         1

Small Load Balancer Instances per Small Edge Node in VM Form Factor                1

I wonder why the same limits are stated twice, but with different values: The title of the first 3 cases are identical to the latest 3 (with one errata) . However they differ in the limits.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The config max data doesn't seem to be right, so look at the 2.4 docs instead since they're basically identical to the limits in 2.5. You should be using large edges.

0 Kudos
AlbertColl
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for your help Daphnissov,

Effectively, the NSX-T V2.4.3 Configmax documentation describes the limits better than the V2.5 Configmax.

As you well say, I should use the Large Edge node, which allows up to 40 LB instances. While the Medium Size that I'm using allows only one instance:

https://configmax.vmware.com/guest?vmwareproduct=VMware%20NSX-T&release=NSX-T%20Data%20Center%202.4.... 

Load Balancer Instances

Small Load Balancer Instances per Large Edge Node in VM Form Factor                40

Small Load Balancer Instances per Medium Edge Node in VM Form Factor           1

Best regards.

Albert.

0 Kudos