Whenever I attempt to create a binding map on a segment for a QoS profile I have created, every time I include the "qos-profile-path" field in the body, I receive a bad http request error:
Error code: 522003
Error message: "invalid qos profile in segment monitoring profile map"
What's weird, is I can do it manually in the UI, but I have thousands of segments to update. . . and that's just not going to fly hahaha.
Anyone have any idea on what is going on? NSXT version is 3.2.3
The error message you're encountering, "invalid qos profile in segment monitoring profile map" in NSX-T version 3.2.3, indicates that there may be an issue with the QoS profile configuration when trying to create a binding map for a segment. To troubleshoot and resolve this issue, here are some steps you can follow:
1. **Verify QoS Profile Configuration:**
- Double-check the QoS profile you are trying to associate with the segment. Ensure that the QoS profile is correctly configured with the desired settings and is in an active state.
2. **Check JSON Format:**
- Ensure that the JSON payload you are sending in your API request is correctly formatted. Make sure there are no syntax errors, missing or extra fields, and that the QoS profile path is specified correctly.
3. **API Version Compatibility:**
- Confirm that you are using the correct API version and endpoints for your NSX-T version (3.2.3 in your case). Ensure that there are no breaking changes or updates in the API between your version and earlier versions.
4. **Testing with a Known Good QoS Profile:**
- To isolate the issue, try creating a binding map with a known good QoS profile to see if it works. If it does, it may suggest that there is an issue with the specific QoS profile you are trying to use.
5. **Logs and Debugging:**
- Review the NSX Manager logs for any additional error messages or details related to the "invalid qos profile" error. This might provide more context on what's going wrong.
6. **Upgrading NSX-T:**
- Check if there are any known issues or bug fixes related to QoS profiles in NSX-T 3.2.3. If there is a known issue, consider upgrading to a newer version that addresses the problem.
7. **Contact VMware Support:**
- If you are still unable to resolve the issue, consider reaching out to VMware support for assistance. They can provide more specific guidance and potentially help with any potential bugs or issues in your NSX-T version.
8. **Automation and Scripting:**
- Since you mentioned that you have thousands of segments to update, consider using automation and scripting to streamline the process. You can use tools like PowerShell, Python, or Ansible to automate the task of creating binding maps for segments with QoS profiles.
By following these steps and ensuring that your QoS profiles and API requests are correctly configured, you should be able to resolve the "invalid qos profile in segment monitoring profile map" error in NSX-T 3.2.3.