VMware Networking Community
mnicholsckpt
Contributor
Contributor

Edge-2 tunnels down, delays on service chain

I have deployed NSX-T 3.0.2 across three nodes (Dell R640's) with 2 Edge Transport Nodes. I have defined an nvds-overlay network on 1 nic (vlan 581) and used the dvs switch for the vlan uplink on a trunked port group on another nic. I have also deployed a T0 and T1 Gateway in Policy Mode, and a client on a segment attached to the T1 GW.

Connectivity appears to work fine between the client and external resources, but the 2nd edge transport node is showing that it has a tunnel to edge-1, but not any of the hosts (tunnels down).

I believe the tunnel down issue on edge-2 is causing the problem when I deploy a service deployment with service chaining because traffic through the service chain pauses for a very long time (minutes), then gets passed.

How can I troubleshoot the tunnel down issue on edge-2? It has the same configuration as edge-1.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mnicholsckpt
Contributor
Contributor

This issue occurred because there was not a T0 router port on both edge nodes. Once I added the second T0 Router port on the 2nd edge transport node, the tunnel came up on all hosts and edges.

I am still getting excessive delays when traffic is passed through a service chain.

0 Kudos
mnicholsckpt
Contributor
Contributor

The delay on the service change was solved by using "standard" nvds-overlay switch instead of "Enhanced Datapath".

0 Kudos