Contributor

ESG, DLR, VMs can ping when on same host

I deployed NSX 6.2.3 with 4 tier apps.

I am using single DLR and ESG.

I have a total 6 hosts in one cluster. Single cluster for MGMT and Compute

Single Transport Zone

Single DVS

DFW is disabled.

Static routing is configured on ESG and physical router and DLR with default gateway. I can reach LS IP addresses on DLR from physical network.  I can VMs on the same subnet (LS) and can reach VMs on different LS when they are on same host. But if the VMs are on different hosts and different LS i cannot reach them.

I did the vxlan test between the hosts and it works, but between some hosts it is dropping, not sure why?

What should i further validate in the setup?

Any tips for troubleshooting would be highly appreciated

thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I would confirm that the VLAN configuration on the VTEPs match the VLAN configuration on the switch ports to which the physical adapters used by the VTEPs are connected.  Which load balancing algorithm are you using?

0 Kudos
saudmalik
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, vxlan vlan is propagated throughout the physical network. Apparently, i figured out that everything works if i have only 1 uplink on vmknic on VDS regardless of VMs on different hosts. But, the moment i chose 2 uplinks nothing works. i tested both the links separately and it works when i have only single uplink. So definitely has to do some thing with load balancing. On NSX i configured failover when configuring vxlan and on the vsphere i have route based on originating virtual port.

Another thing i noticed is when I try vxlan test via NSX GUI, it works for some hosts and doesn't work for other even with single uplink.

0 Kudos