VMware Networking Community
prangi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dynamic Route not replicating using BGP

I am trying to configure BGP on two Edge Routers to replicated Dynamic routing information. Even after configuring the neighbor routes are not exchanged between two Edge Router. Attached in the lab setup I configured. Not sure if I am doing a proper lab setup.

Any suggestions why the routes are not replicating between two ESG.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is route redistribution configured for BGP?  Any filters configured for in/out?

Maybe post a screenshot of the Route Redistribution page, the BGP page, and General Configuration page of the Edge...

0 Kudos
prangi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No Route distribution configured. All is set to default ( means blank ). No filers configured while configuring BGP. EDGE firewall is disabled on both EDGE routers

Little more information on the lab setup

1. All ESG / DLR are running on a single host 

2. NSX version is 6.2.1

3. No default gateway is configured.

0 Kudos
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

On the Edge appliance, do a show ip bgp neighbors.  This will show you the state of the communication between the two systems.  Then, do a sho ip route.  If the nodes are communicating, but no routes are showing Route redistribution will need to be configured so BGP can learn the directly connected networks to advertise.  Below is an example of the configuration that should be in place to ensure that routes to locally connected interfaces are learned by BGP, and forwarded to bgp neighbors.

BGP.JPG

0 Kudos