VMware Networking Community
dwhight2
Contributor
Contributor

Deploy multiple NSX-T Manager Clusters to the same vCenter Server

We would like to deploy multiple NSX-T manager instances to the same vCenter server. I can do this with the OVF deployment. However, when i get to add additional appliances to the NSX-T manager instance i have to register the compute manager (vCenter server) first and when i do this for the 2nd NSX-T instance it says the vCenter server is already managed by an existing NSX-T instance (which is true). As this vCenter server is just to host our NSX-T manager instances, and not participate in any NSX-T functions, is this possible somehow? It's purely a hosting thing, the vCenter server hosts our management platform only and will not run any workload on it that i need NSX-T networking or security options. 

Help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShahabKhan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Yes, you can host multiple NSX Manager clusters but you cannot have the same vCenter added to multiple NSX Managers as Compute Manager. For the second NSX Manager cluster, you have to deploy all the NSX Managers using ova & then configure the NSX Manager cluster from the CLI.

0 Kudos
rseddiki
Contributor
Contributor

So is it possible to link vcenter to two NSX environments but only via API ?

because when the limits are reached we are obliged to build the second environment for scaling purposes 

0 Kudos
rseddiki
Contributor
Contributor

Ok nvm it’s possible to activate multi-nsx on UI directly 

0 Kudos