VMware NSX

View Only
  • 1.  Create Edge Workflow Completes Without Creating Edge

Posted Mar 22, 2017 03:56 PM

I have a workflow that includes the pre-built Orchestrator NSX workflow "Create edge". My workflow creates a a port group and then adds the new ESG to the portgroup.

The issue is that the workflow completes and says it completes successfully, and VCenter shows the workflow as completed however no Edge created. The portgroup is created.

VCenter doesn't even show a process starting to create an Edge.

So my question: Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong to allow the workflow to think it is getting the correct parameters, completing successfully and yet doing nothing in VCenter?

I am attaching my workflows. it begins with the provision workflow and then uses the others. The original Create edge workflow has been duplicated as Create edge ESG for editing and debugging reasons, however no code has been altered in the version attached.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Create Edge Workflow Completes Without Creating Edge

Posted Mar 23, 2017 03:28 PM

So I realized that I had made a mistake and copied in an altered workflow. I am attaching updated workflows and I am at least receiving an error now.

The error is in the Create edge workflow telling me that only internal or uplink are acceptable. I am confused on this because I am passing uplink. I think I may be creating the vNIC array incorrectly.

Again, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 3.  RE: Create Edge Workflow Completes Without Creating Edge
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 31, 2017 02:44 PM

For those interested in the answer. The issue is that the input to the "Create Edge" workflow is in Array of "Properties" format vs an Array. I modified the input to the workflow to be something more like:

tempProp = new Properties();

tempProp.put("index", 0);

tempProp.put("name", exerciseIdentifier);

tempProp.put("portgroupId", instancePortGroup.id);

tempProp.put("type", "uplink");

tempProp.put("primaryAddress", "192.168.1.44");

tempProp.put("subnetMask", "255.255.255.0");

propsArray.push(tempProp);

Than passed the propsArray into the workflow. That did it. New ESG created in NSX.

Good luck all.