VMware Networking Community
wambugu_mathai
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Controller Deleted after power on

Hi,

I am working on upgrading an nsx cluster which has been running on two controllers. The nsx manager has upgraded successfully but I am stuck on upgrading the controllers. I am stuck on setting up the third controller. The controller gets automatically deleted after it is powered on. Any ideas on why the controller is being deleted?

Regards,

Samuel.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wambugu_mathai
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi. Managed to fix the issue by God's grace!

The problem was that I started the NSX upgrade with two controllers. After the NSX manager was upgraded, I got stuck on the NSX controllers upgrade which required three controllers. The third controller was getting deleted immediately after power on.

After more than 16 hours of troubleshooting, I am managed to get a fix. The fix was removing the two old controllers and deploying new controllers from scratch. I was able to deploy three new controllers which are now running on the latest version. Grateful to God for this!!

Thank you for your support and response. I greatly appreciate!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sunvmware1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Try to check the logs, ssh to the NSX manager and check the manager log using : show manager log command

Is this is the first controller in the system?

refer-

https://roie9876.wordpress.com/2014/08/30/deploying-nsx-v-controller-disappear-from-vsphere-client/

If the Answer is helpful, please click "Mark as Correct Answer", this can be beneficial to other community members.

0 Kudos
wambugu_mathai
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the feedback. This is the third controller. I have been using show manager log command but the logs are flooded in real-time making it difficult to troubleshoot. Let me try and follow the steps on the link you have shared so that I can filter the logs. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
anilspp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing.

0 Kudos
wambugu_mathai
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi. Managed to fix the issue by God's grace!

The problem was that I started the NSX upgrade with two controllers. After the NSX manager was upgraded, I got stuck on the NSX controllers upgrade which required three controllers. The third controller was getting deleted immediately after power on.

After more than 16 hours of troubleshooting, I am managed to get a fix. The fix was removing the two old controllers and deploying new controllers from scratch. I was able to deploy three new controllers which are now running on the latest version. Grateful to God for this!!

Thank you for your support and response. I greatly appreciate!

0 Kudos