VMware Networking Community
Lynxo
Contributor
Contributor

Configuring Transport nodes for NSX-t

I have a 2 node cluster in a nested environment, and whenever I try to configure the hosts for NSX i get this error :

Host configuration: Failed to send the HostConfig message. [TN=TransportNode/3a82b3c5-1dc3-49cd-b72a-65e4cf5546ed]. Reason: Failed to send HostConfig RPC to MPA TN:3a82b3c5-1dc3-49cd-b72a-65e4cf5546ed. Error: Unable to reach client 3a82b3c5-1dc3-49cd-b72a-65e4cf5546ed, application SwitchingVertical. LogicalSwitch full-sync: LogicalSwitch full-sync realization query skipped.

Anyone ever had this ? Thanks for reading 🙂

0 Kudos
6 Replies
p0wertje
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Can the manager reach the esxi hosts? Routing maybe ? Or a firewall ?

Cheers,
p0wertje | VCIX6-NV | JNCIS-ENT | vExpert
Please kudo helpful posts and mark the thread as solved if solved
0 Kudos
tckoon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had same issue in my home lab setup.

From NSXT mamanger can ping to host, no issue.

NO firewall or anything.  

Anyone have solution to this problem

tckoon_0-1650958563769.png

thanks

0 Kudos
tckoon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Lynxo,

I am having same issue now on my home lab setup.

How do you solve this issue ?

thanks

0 Kudos
tckoon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi all,

Problem resolved. 

The memory of the ESXi host need to be minimum 16GB.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX-T-Data-Center/3.1/installation/GUID-AECA2EE0-90FC-48C4-8EDB-66...

Due to my nested lab had limited memory I set the ESXi host (transport node) memory to only 8GB.

Actually the host is not utilize even 20% of memory as I only loaded with 2 VMs (tiny linux) per host.

8GB memory ,It failed with many error message, and end up totaly failed to prepare ESXi host as TN.

After I changed the memory of ESXi host to 16GB , the configration/installation  of ESXI as TN went smoothly and sucessfully.

The ESXI host need to have 16GB memory as stated in document to comply with the NSX-T 3.1 for transport node configuration/installtion process.

p/s: after sucessfully configure NSX on host transport node , I change the node memory back to 8GB & 12GB to test it actual requirement. It work perfectly with 12GB but failed  with 8GB ( it went to power off state).

ESXi host with NSX-T , the memory resouce is 16GB . Not include the VMs resource. 

FrancisGrandjea
Contributor
Contributor

I solve this problem by adding "nsx-user" and "da-user" on Lockdown mode for the concerned ESXi.

AughBT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI There

this NSXT alert appeared on one of my hosts in a 3 node vpshere cluster. esxi 7.0.3 NSXT 3.2.2.

Rebooting the esxi host did not solve the problem.

However this API call did solve the problem

POST <NSXT-FQDN>/api/v1/transport-nodes/<transportnode-id>?action=resync_host_config

you will get the transport-id from the ID displayed for the esxi hosts in NSXT (click on "View Details" and copy the ID value)

regards