VMware Networking Community
billdossett
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Can't create Transport Node Profile

Hi, me again...

Cleaned up my cluster and upgraded my VDS to version 7.   I am still having problems creating the Transport Node profile.

I am now able to select my VDS after I select my cluster - everything looks swell to me, screen shot attached - but when I go to add I get error message...

Must provide VDS uplink or VDS lag in VdsUplink for nsx uplink(s) 

billdossett_0-1610988349325.png

Not sure what this means, when I create the uplink profile, it is kind of weird, when I press save, the screen starts flashing rapidly, it says it is created, and when I refresh it looks normal and the uplink profile is there as I asked it to be created.... 

I haven't got any more ideas on this other than going to inspect those host switch numbers I guess...

Bill Dossett
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mauricioamorim
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It seams you did not finish the last part of the configuration called "Teaming Policy Switch Mapping"

In this part you have to map the NSX Uplinks you defined in the uplink profile (uplink-1 and uplink-2 in your picture) to the uplinks of your vDS. At the bottom of the screen you attached there is a column called "Uplinks" (these are the NSX uplinks) and you need to fill in the other column called "VDS Uplinks". Click on the blank spaces in this second column and choose the appropriate VDS uplink to finish the configuration.

Had you done this already?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
mauricioamorim
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It seams you did not finish the last part of the configuration called "Teaming Policy Switch Mapping"

In this part you have to map the NSX Uplinks you defined in the uplink profile (uplink-1 and uplink-2 in your picture) to the uplinks of your vDS. At the bottom of the screen you attached there is a column called "Uplinks" (these are the NSX uplinks) and you need to fill in the other column called "VDS Uplinks". Click on the blank spaces in this second column and choose the appropriate VDS uplink to finish the configuration.

Had you done this already?

billdossett
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

doh! face-palm... all that.  I didn't see that at all and the blog I was following had it there, but I didn't notice it... those edit boxes are very subtle the first time you are working with this.  Thanks!  created the trasnport profile at long last!

Bill Dossett
0 Kudos
GregChristopher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Extremely undiscoverable; just hit it again after 6 months, googled it again, and here I am back here again. Sigh.

0 Kudos