VMware NSX

View Only
  • 1.  Agentless Antivirus on NSX

Posted Jul 08, 2017 01:38 PM

Hello,

One question.

if i implement agentless antivirus solution, does all the protected VM's need to connect a logical network(VXLAN network)?

Actually i don't want to use NSX virtual network, but NSX is the requirement of Trend Micro deep security deployment as the VCNS is obsoleted, can i only deploy the NSX manager and controllers and continue to have the protected VM's connect to the vDS protgroup(Not NSX logical network) ?

• 2.  RE: Agentless Antivirus on NSX
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 08, 2017 02:33 PM

No -it is not mandatory to connect to VXLAN port-group,you can connect to VLAN port groups as well. Just make ensure they are provisioned/connected on a DVS backed port-group.

• 3.  RE: Agentless Antivirus on NSX

Posted Jul 08, 2017 02:56 PM

Sreec,

Does it mean the vDS, NSX manager, NSX controllers and guest introspection driver are the only requirements ?  And  i can deploy deep sedurity solution without any NSX logical network ? Even without any VTEP ?

• 4.  RE: Agentless Antivirus on NSX

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 08, 2017 03:47 PM

Controllers are also not required for this.

• 5.  RE: Agentless Antivirus on NSX

Posted Jul 08, 2017 10:55 PM

Last question, do i need a valid NSX license for agentless antivirus solution ? If no license is required, how can i activiate the NSX manager ?

• 6.  RE: Agentless Antivirus on NSX

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2017 04:06 AM

Guest introspection doesn't need NSX license, if you have vSphere essential license or above it will work.

Guest Introspection for NSX - Licensing (2150665) | VMware KB