VMware Networking Community
jharris0045
Contributor
Contributor

Advanced Load Balancer (Avi) on Azure - failing to deploy SE's

Hi all,

I'm attempting to evaluate the advanced load balancer (Avi) solution in Azure and running into issues as well as discrepancies vs documentation.  I'm hoping someone has an idea.  Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

The issue - after creating the Azure cloud connector, nothing seems to happen.  According to documentation the appliance should upload an image to Azure.  Proceeding with the VS build, the service status starts at "waiting for service engine creation".  The controller deploys 5 NIC's (10 if using separate management plane), each showing a different name as well as a single availability set with a name that matches one of the NIC names.  Then the VS errors out with a message of "Maximum failed attempts to create Service Engine reached.  Azure Error: MissingMarketplacePlanName Message: The marketplace resource plan is missing required "name" property."

I've gone through the prerequisites numerous times to be sure I didn't miss something.  I've tried 20.01 and 21.01 from the Azure marketplace.  The main discrepancy I'm seeing in my deployment vs documentation has to do with billing.  Basically, when creating the Cloud in the controller, I don't get an option to chose between BYOL and PAYG.  The option doesn't exist.

I know I left a lot of detail out regarding which options are set to what.  I just didn't want to overwhelm the post any more than necessary.  I'll follow up with any info required.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jharris0045
Contributor
Contributor

The pattern I'm noticing in Azure logs is that the controller is stuck in a cycle of creating storage accounts, reading the key, then deleting. I think this is showing me that it's having trouble creating the SA and writing the VHD to it.  This pattern it repeating itself every 5 minutes or so.
0 Kudos