VMware Cloud Community
eariasn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMware VIO 2.0 SSH credentials on Controllers?

Hello folks,

I need to retrieve one of the random passwords generated with the SSH keys I injected into a windows instance, but I need to do this in the console of the controller, do you happen to know how can I access it?, I get the console up but none of the passwords I usually try works, the setup didn't give me this information.

Please let me know.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KarolSte
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

We didn't put OS_PASSWORD password in the plain text file, but you can definitely do so if you choose to. Note that if OS_PASSWORD is not exported, openstack CLI clients will just ask for the password during command execution.

Best Regards,

Karol

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
eariasn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

as an Update, I also noticed that you have the OMS component, which also has a Ubuntu console, I didn't setup the admin password on it, does anyone know what is default for it ?

0 Kudos
eariasn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

What I really need is to get to the console of the OMS box, I have tried using the admin / password of Horizon portal but that doesn't work.

any guidance on this would be helpful

0 Kudos
KarolSte
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

OMS username is viouser. During VIO 2.0 vApp deployment, there a field for viouser password. If you haven't filled that out, then random password is generated, and it's displayed when you open the remote console of OMS VM in vSphere Client. If it was randomly generated, you will be asked to change that password during first login.

0 Kudos
eariasn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey thanks for replying,

I was able to log in, normally in Openstack, one would have a RC file to source credentials, I found that in one of the controllers, but belongs to root, I managed to move it around and copy to Viouser but my CLI calls for example on nova get-password INSTANCE, fail with messages like:

nova list

OS Password:

No Handlers could be found for logger "keystone client.auth.identity.generic.base"

Error (NotFound): the resource could not be found (HTTP 404)

I know is a pretty generic error, but I don't know if chase it further, or if is supposed to be used this way.

appreciated in advanced.

0 Kudos
eariasn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

for anyone looking into this,

I edited the rc file I found in the controller, and set the password into the file, this worked.

use this template

export OS_USERNAME=username

export OS_PASSWORD=password

export OS_TENANT_NAME=projectName

export OS_AUTH_URL=https://identityHost:portNumber/v2.0

# The following lines can be omitted

export OS_TENANT_ID=tenantIDString

export OS_REGION_NAME=regionName

export OS_CACERT=/path/to/cacertFile

0 Kudos
KarolSte
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

We didn't put OS_PASSWORD password in the plain text file, but you can definitely do so if you choose to. Note that if OS_PASSWORD is not exported, openstack CLI clients will just ask for the password during command execution.

Best Regards,

Karol

0 Kudos